Title: Senior Product Analyst – Trust & Safety
Location: Remote – USA
As a Product Analyst, you are a member of a global team of data-driven influencers, setting the standard for how data and analytics is used at HubSpot, and inspiring our product teams to action.
As an analyst working with HubSpot’s Product Infrastructure Security Team, you will identify new abuse threats and trends that may pose harm to our infrastructure. You will work closely with our world class engineers to devise strategies to protect our infrastructure from adversarial actors.
You will join a growing security team to analyze and inform how we mitigate abuse of our infrastructure. This will involve data mining, anomaly detection, and working with sophisticated anti-abuse systems, including machine learning solutions. Your work will directly improve the digital security of millions of people around the world.
Product and Engineering use multiple sources of data (user event data, NPS, and transactional data, etc) to discover what is going well for our customers, where we can improve, and what to build next. Product Analysts — individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity, and communication skills — are at the center of these analyses and decisions; we work side-by-side with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering leadership to inform and build better solutions for our customers.
In this role, while you operate with a high degree of autonomy, you benefit from the support of the Product Analytics community — sharing ideas, debating approaches, and receiving feedback to deliver more effective analyses and develop in your career.
- Be a driving influencer on the use and application of analysis; deliver what’s needed, and show what’s possible
- Partner with product stakeholders to understand your team’s data and business needs; become an expert in translating these needs into specific analyses with actionable insights
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user behavior to uncover issues or opportunities to improve the our customers’ experience
- Inform the design and analyze the outcomes of in-app tests and experiments
- Collaborate across UX teams and business functions to infuse strategic, open ended research with quantitative insights
- Communicate insights to your stakeholders with a data-driven point of view and plan for action
Examples of common projects:
- Define (or redefine) leading indicators of success for your team. Serve as the expert for these metrics by understanding how data collection is instrumented in the product, how it flows through our ETL pipeline and is aggregated, and how metrics are defined in our analytics platform. Construct the core dashboards, visualizations and analyses to help stakeholders monitor product health and make better decisions
- Perform ad hoc analyses into user behavior to inform specific, near-term experiment designs or product decisions or longer term product strategy
- Partner with engineering and other internal operations teams to enable a high level of data integrity, consistency and clarity across cross multiple internal databases and reporting systems
- Be a voice within your teams to educate, elevate and advocate for the continual value of leveraging analytics to inform decision making
From our Product and Engineering Blog: How HubSpot’s product analysts transform the customer experience
- Professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Experience working with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Comfortability with data analytics and statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- Passionate about the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Knowledge of analytical development tools such as Amplitude, Looker, Git and dbt
- Demonstrated passion for building products that delight customers and drive their success
- Experience working at, or strong understanding of, a SaaS business.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.