Senior Network Data Analyst
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You’ll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at
This is a remote full-time W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available.
About the Senior Network Data Analyst Position:
Reporting to the VP Health Analytics, the Senior Network Data Analyst will be responsible for development of fee schedules, analytical models, reports, and dashboards in support of overall Network Strategy and end goals.
The position will drive both Network day-to-day operations residing within the Health Analytics department while providing data/reporting/analytic support for Network special projects and financial modeling. They key to success in this position is the ability to find trends in data, solid time management, ability to multi-task, and to show and communicate financial impacts of different scenarios.
The position involves key interactions with Network, Operations, Legal/Contracting and Data Analytics.
Senior Network Data Analyst – Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage prioritization and planning of work to support various day to day activities and special projects/initiatives for the Network
- Create, analyze, and manipulate network data and fee schedules for various business analyses.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gather requirements and understand reporting needs for Network support.
- Develop and maintain multiple Health Plan and Provider fee schedules to support sustainment of profitability, contract adherence, and Network goals.
- Develop and refine financial models to support Network strategy/efforts
- Aggerate data and results of modeling in concise and consumable formats for management
- Interface with Technical Data Analysts on the Health Analytics team to maintain and utilize appropriate data structures, databases, and tools in support of key responsibilities
- Support Ad-hoc queries/data requests.
- Thinking outside of the box to bring a new way of looking at manipulating data to result in positive financial outcomes.
- Develop automation in requests that require consistent deliveries.
Senior Network Data Analyst – Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Data analysis and business acumen
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookup, pivot tables, dynamic modeling) (Required)
- Basic SQL experience (select, join, case statements) (Preferred)
- Tableau/PowerBI experience (Preferred)
- Report development
Senior Network Data Analyst – Preferred Qualifications:
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a start-up or early-stage company.