Title: Senior .NET Developer (Remote)
Location: Canton MA, Farmington CT, Remote, Salem VA
Job Description: We currently have an opportunity for a Senior .NET Developer to join our IT team in our Canton, MA office. This position is expected to lead, by example, their self-managed agile team through the full system development life cycle while developing the company s most technical solutions using the agile methodology. The technical consultant has the ability to work within the current system configuration in addition to introducing new technical solutions to the framework to deliver our most complex solutions. They will look to improve the core foundation of the systems to reduce long-term maintenance, improve security, ensure our software is up to date with the latest patches/versions and work to improve the overall condition of our code base by encouraging junior developers are follow good clean code practices. The .NET Developer has a full understanding of the cross-organizational impact of system changes.
- Acts as a Senior .NET Developer helping customers, business analysts, and team members capture, understand and translate business requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions of the most complex nature; aligning the business and IT strategies while complying with the organization s architectural standards.
- Develops and presents recommendations towards the design and development of application architecture, business systems and IT solutions that are of the most complex nature across the IT organization.
- Recommends the development of complex designs through the use of new technical solutions not currently in our existing configuration as well as the use of data or system modification within the current system configuration.
- Responsible for recommendations towards the component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- Consults and/or leads the full systems development life cycle and may be responsible for providing estimates, gathering business requirements, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software at an advanced level. Their work should be delivered in a timely manner using the agile methodology.
- Collaborates effectively with others in a variety of work settings. This involves helping to educate others within Technical Consultant s own area of expertise, understanding the issues/concerns of other areas, and working together to solve problems across the IT organization.
- Is identified as a technical expert in multiple technologies used at the company.
- Helps drive the selection of new technical products, services, and solutions.
- Communicates the project status for areas of responsibility effectively across the organization.
- Experience in and a solid understanding of design, development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency and proven expertise in more than one skill and/or discipline.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of their specialty.
- Has a solid understanding of client needs and supplies comprehensive solutions to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates high levels of expertise in applying the appropriate skills and in conducting assigned tasks in challenging and complex situations.
- Demonstrates a keen ability to research and understand new technology trends in the application development discipline.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Degree from a Technical school or equivalent work experience.
- On the job training is also recognized.
- 9+ years of related experience.
- Significant development experience in the languages used by the company.
- Has application architecture and development experience in the technologies used by the company.
- An intermediate level understanding of the Insurance business.
- Work experience in Property Casualty or Specialty Insurance a plus.