Title: Senior ML Engineer, Channels Relevance
Location: Remote – United States
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a core member of the Channels Relevance team, you’ll work with the billions of events and terabytes of data generated every day to personalize Reddit notifications for each user on the platform, helping them connect with their communities and discover the best of Reddit.
How You’ll Have Impact
You will own projects from ideation to production instead of being stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You’ll work with a super talented, cross-functional team to solve hard problems in order to create experiences that users will love. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on projects with other Channels Relevance engineers where you’ll apply Machine Learning to personalization, discovery and recommendation problems.
- Build and deploy sophisticated machine learning models to improve experiences for millions of users.
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, analyze and iterate.
- Collaborate across disciplines and with other ML teams at Reddit to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- Be a mentor and cross-functional advocate for the team
Who you might be
- 2+ years of experience with industry-level deep learning models
- 2+ years of experience with mainstream ML frameworks (such as Tensorflow and Pytorch)
- 4+ years of end-to-end experience of training, evaluating, testing, and deploying industry-level models
- 4+ years of experience of orchestrating complicated data generation pipelines on large-scale dataset
- Successful track record of applying machine learning techniques in addressing real-world problems
- Comfort analyzing high-volume natural language and multimodal data from varying sources, proficient with SQL
- Experience communicating complex research and ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with data-intensive systems and writing production-quality software (preferred Python or golang)
- Experience in content recommendations, and content personalization is a plus
- Passionate about building delightful products for users
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off