Senior Marketing and Brand Designer
Remote – U.S.
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 46 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
Summer is looking for a Senior Marketing and Brand Designer to advance its growing brand and own the creation of marketing assets from inception to launch across all channels. As a senior designer, you have experience working with autonomy and producing exceptional design work at brand-driven organizations with multiple stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to see your work in action across our entire business model, from helping generate new business to engaging individual users after they join Summer.
As a designer at Summer, you will:
- Develop, update and maintain our brand identity and guidelines as needed.
- Create best-in-class marketing collateral that engages our customer prospects and users at different points of their respective journeys, including landing pages, sales collateral, paid advertising artwork, photography selection and more.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, operations, HR and other stakeholders to gather information, understand goals and apply the most impactful design approaches.
- Take ownership of each project from the initial stages through to completion.
- Work proactively with marketing as a thought leader to improve collateral and present recommendations.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates experience with digital marketing campaigns, brand identity and graphic design principles.
- 4+ years of experience and a deep understanding of all stages of the design process with a focus on brand and graphic design skills.
- Deep understanding of HTML and CSS (Webflow experience is a major plus).
- Ability to adapt, switch gears and thrive in a fast-paced environment with autonomy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A collaborative approach with strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially when translating commercial needs to design outputs.
- Academic background in graphic design or a related field is preferred.
- Experience using collaborative tools such as Figma.
- Experience working at a rapidly-scaling software company is preferred (fintech experience is a major plus).
Experience partnering with product teams is a plus. Learn more about our product design needs here.
Values + Benefits
We’re proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Learn more about culture at Summer.
We also offer competitive salaries, significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, contribution toward student loan repayment, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!