Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
As a User Experience (UX) Design Manager for the growing Optum User Experience Design Studio (UXDS) team, you will report to the Design Director and supervise a team of designers. The UX Manager will work with project teams to design portals, applications and web properties. The UX Manager will partner with designers, developers and UX directors to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
The positions in the user experience job function are all related to user-centered design â€“ a process to help ensure products and services meet the needs of customers, employees and other users. This job function is a collection of specialties each with a unique skill set. These roles may involve UX design, visual design, user research, accessibility, front-end development, or data visualization. Colleagues in these roles use their knowledge of interface design, research methods, accessibility guidelines, and current programming techniques to design, research, develop and assess products and services to enhance the overall user experience and create usable and accessible digital experiences.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage small team of user experience designers and researchers to design compelling and useful products
- Partner with a creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship
- Collaborate with stakeholders including UX Leads, Product Managers and Development Managers to identify, prioritize and implement design solutions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
- Leveraging and contributing to existing design pattern libraries and interface guidelines
- Work on one or more design projects from start to finish while meeting creative, technical and business requirements
- Gather insights, prototyping concepts and validating solutions with users in order to inform design decisions
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions
- Work with design team to create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions
- Participate when and where necessary in the research process
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of UX design experience
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate design concepts
- Experience with providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles.
- Experience with various UX design and collaboration tools (e.g., Sketch, Axure, Figma, InVision, Miro, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience participating in user research and concept testing with users
- Demonstrated understanding of mature user-centered design and research practices
- Portfolio of relevant user experience project deliverables
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Architecture, Communications, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with enterprise software, B2B applications or large employee-facing systems and the medical or healthcare domain
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
- Proven ability managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of user interaction analytics and measurements
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization
- Ability to present and communicate to executive leadership
- Proven ability to manage multiple user experience professionals towards a cohesive vision