See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, Software Engineering (L5) – Integrations Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we’re on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive the long term vision of the cloud integrations platform.
This group works on engineering for our connections product, which includes job orchestration via centrifuge, tracing at scale, enabling the extensibility of our product for both internal teams and external partners and customers, as well as driving cost improvements, reliability and security of our core delivery platform. These systems stream over 1T events a month and are built on Kafka and Go.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage and develop a team of world-class backend, infrastructure and distributed systems engineers building Segment’s core integration platform
- Work with other engineering, product and security leads to define the strategy for this group
- Build a brand that attracts talent from all over the world
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A proven track record of operating reliable, scalable, secure, cost-effective infrastructure
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in building and scaling an infrastructure or platform team
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career, mid-level and senior backend and distributed systems engineers
- Experience managing engineering teams of 5-10 members
- Experience with hiring skilled, diverse talent from around the world
- The ability to synthesize all inputs and develop a very crisp infrastructure roadmap
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $140,784 – $201,120
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.