Employer: Emerald Expositions
This position is eligible for remote work in the US
Elastic is seeking a Sr. Software Development Manager to lead product transformation for our development team. Powered by Emerald, Elastic Suite is a B2B eCommerce and digital merchandising solution, serving the unique business needs of world-class manufacturers and retailers.
You will be held accountable for the overall development, delivery, and execution of the platform transformation efforts as it aligns with the business strategy. This role is expected to deliver cutting-edge innovation at a massive scale.
- Guide, and build a team of engineers who design, build, implement and manage the platform utilizing MACH (Microservice, API-First, Cloud-base, Headless) architectural frameworks
- Provide hands-on technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle
- Run an outcome-based process to execute enterprise objectives
- Develop and execute roadmaps working cross-functionally with product, customer success, sales, security, and IT teams to develop a best-in-class product with measured results.
- Design and build security and privacy-enhancing techniques into solutions to avert disruption and maintain uptime
- Ensure your team is committed to quality, test-driven development, and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code
- Evaluate emerging technologies and influences in our technology stack, strategic approach, and engineering roadmap
- Work with QA Teams to ensure applications are being properly tested before release
- Communicate technical architecture concepts in a way your target audience will comprehend
- Experience as a software engineer working with MACH (Microservice, API-First, Cloud-base, Headless architecture) frameworks such as commercetools, algolia and contentful
- Hands-on experience with Headless E-commerce implementations in B2B
- Experience using microservices based event driven architectures. Deep understanding of current cloud offerings (AWS preferred) and the ability to design an effective architecture utilizing serverless computing patterns (AWS lambda)
- Experience managing offshore teams and Service Integration partners
- Experience in development and delivery, utilizing scalable CI/CD pipelines and automation frameworks
- Experience with GraphQL, AWS AppSync and AWS Cognito
- Highly proficient in Agile and Scrum methodologies; Jira Experience is a plus