Title: Senior Manager of Product Design, Marketing Hub
Location: Remote – USA
We’re searching for a seasoned, thoughtful, impactful design leader to join our Marketing Hub UX org to mentor, coach, and manage a team of multidisciplinary UX designers as we scale the teams and evolve our user experience and product offering.
HubSpot is at a unique point in our company and product growth where our product success offers stability yet our UX Leadership team is invited to take part in career defining work as they shape the product strategy and build talented, high performing teams.
HubSpot has been a thought leader in the marketing industry for over 15 years, and is known for creating easy to use, consumer grade user experiences that seamlessly fit into a marketers’ day to day, making HubSpot the product that marketers all over the world love and trust. In recent years, the marketing industry has experienced a shift in data privacy, locking down the data that was once used in decision making, measuring impact, and targeting leads.
What will you work on?
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the product groups focused on campaign publishing and management in our Marketing Hub Product Line, focused on in-app experiences which help marketers grow their business through personalized, unique and targeted digital marketing campaigns. In this role you will have the opportunity to make a dramatic impact as you partner with cross-functional leaders and teams in crafting a long-term vision for how we build a product that continues to evolve the way marketers think about connecting with their customers in a world where marketers are struggling to reach the right leads at the right time due to increasingly locked down data access, and an over saturation of content aimed at customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced UX leader who is passionate about building talented teams and leading UX strategy. We value leaders who are not only strong yet empathetic and supportive coaches, but also those who can communicate and influence a large dynamic organization to help bring the team’s ideas to the world.
Helping Businesses Grow Better
We’re helping the actual human people running small and medium-sized companies grow their businesses. From small sales teams, marketing-departments-of-one, and part-time services folks to medium-sized orgs that have their sea legs, we’re all about our mission of helping these businesses grow.
We are energized when we see our customers hiring more people, building and selling more products, and helping more and more of their customers succeed using best practices to create a human approach, because we believe in perpetuating practices and approaches to growth that help customers sell, market, and service their customers responsibly, in ways we’d want to experience.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer’s hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios.
We are looking for people who:
- Have worked closely with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of designers
- Understand how to set designers up to identify and drive impact that is great for our customers and good for business
- Have a developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Have a sixth sense for how to provide and encourage thoughtful feedback on designs as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team member’s projects
- Have extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to designers
- Can deliver clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Collaborate with the other design leaders to develop a product design strategy and convey the strategy to designers and the org in a way that influences execution
- Know how to build a team; how to screen and interview new candidates for your team and other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understand how to bring a sense of team and mission to the groups you lead and to the broader UX team. This includes being responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Evangelize product design and research and seek ways to measure the impact of design including educating other stakeholders on the value of user experience.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.