Who we are looking for:
The Senior IT Manager’s primary responsibility is to partner with their business
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Technology Manager’s primary responsibility is to partner with their business areas and provide technology solutions and services that help deliver CarMax’s strategic mission and plans. This position will direct and manage the strategic planning, software development, implementation, administration and maintenance for a large suite of application systems.
This includes development of long and short-term technology solutions that address business goals and deliver improved profitability, efficiency and an unrivaled associate experience.
- Identify the appropriate goals for the teams
- Prioritizing objectives and provide a holistic approach to solution recommendations that includes ROI, time to market, scalability as well as alternative recommendations
- Partner with business stakeholders, peer groups, the Technology management team and key associates.
- Present the vision to executive management.
- Communicate the vision to executive management while also providing guidance for the team to support the strategic direction.
Team Leadership and Development
- Attract, recruit, retain and coach a strong team of skilled and engaged associates aligned to the overall mission.
- Create clear role expectations and develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
- Continue to grow one’s knowledge base and stay current with industry trends while also formulating a technology plan for each business area based on in-depth understanding of the current business needs and their future direction.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passionate about information technology
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Good listener – weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Collaborative and team-oriented work approach
- Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience managing, training and mentoring others in Technology software development and SaaS/Software Package implementation best practices.
- Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Continuous learner and improvement mentality; never satisfied
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executives
- Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Handles constructive criticism with ease; adapts easily and efficiently to change
- Posting: Role (Remote)
- “Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado”
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree – Technology related, preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology with 5+ years of application systems development and implementation
- 3+ years’ experience managing direct reports
- 3+ years of experience required leading software projects leveraging Agile practices, required