Employer: Guru Technologies, Inc.
Guru is seeking a business partner for our VP of Sales & Customer Success. We are ideally looking for someone who has excelled as an IC in GTM Strategy / Ops and is willing to be a player coach with two direct reports.
The GTM Analytics team sits within the broader Biz Ops & Analytics team, which is comprised of analytics business partners for each function within Guru.
The Biz Ops & Analytics team has a broad mandate, including:
- Financial & strategic planning: across what is typically FP&A / Sales Ops / CS Ops / parts of Mktg Ops including traditional financial planning, headcount planning, territory management/customer segmentation, top-line forecasting
- Analytics: using SQL and BI tools to tackle the highest priority analyses for business partners
- Performance management & owner of the operating cadence: create the dashboards/management reporting and key metrics for each respective function and integrate it into the overall financial / operating performance of the company
- Execution: traditional corporate strategy functions create recommendations but are not involved in execution. Each business partner will be a mini-COO that generates insights, drives to a conclusive recommendation, and helps execute on it in partnership with their respective leaders and systems teams.
This Role’s Specific Responsibilities:
- Own the ARR/Revenue forecast: Lead the weekly sales forecast for the quarter being forecasted along with the following quarter. Model pipeline conversion and set appropriate pipegen targets to ensure there is sufficient pipe to hit the forecast by respective owner, which will include going beyond opportunity level forecasting (for example, cohorting and cycle time forecasting)
- Quota Planning & Territory Management: Work with the VP of Sales & CS to set the appropriate quotas and ensure we have quota capacity to cover our forecasted goal. Use our data sources to identify the highest potential accounts for AEs and AMs. Ensure territories are carved in a balanced manner so attainment isn’t disproportionate towards specific patches of territory.
- Sales & CS Operations: Optimize the intersection of sales processes & systems in coordination with our Business Systems team and the VP of Sales & CS
- Ad-Hoc Management Reporting: Take the lead on building the dashboards, via our BI tool or other tools, for the VP of Sales & CS vital to execute on the above and more broadly hit our revenue goals
Skills & Experience Requirements
- 7-10 years of analytical experience in high-growth software, specifically in sales strategy, gtm strategy, or sales ops. Alternatively, GTM consulting experience is also transferable.
- Expert level Excel, Powerpoint/GSlides, SQL, and BI (PowerBI, Tableau, or Looker). These tools are required to get the job done and an expert level of proficiency is required to do so well.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills you are able to establish yourself as a trusted business partner who can influence decision-making and outcomes
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous team environment
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.