Sr. Lead Product Development Manager
Location: WFH, United States of America
Job Id: 329181
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As an expert in the field of product design, development and delivery, you will be involved in product design that differentiates Lumen in the global marketplace. The ideal candidate would have current experience in more complex over-the-top products like SD-WAN, Security, and Collaboration, as well as experience with Adaptive Networking technologies. Understanding how these different products and services come together as a product solution, in a simple and intuitive manner, throughout the Quote to Cash process, will be critical. The Product Manager will be responsible shaping the experience of Lumen’s Partners and ensuring that our products and services are uniquely tailored to meet their specific business needs and outcomes. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing, assertive personality, capable of interacting and driving their vision from the executive level down to the operational layer of the business.
The Main Responsibilities
- Matches product features & functionality with available resources within IT, Operations, and Technology, while balancing the market needs & expectations.
- Will guide and direct development experts within IT to ensure OSS is properly built to meet product specifications.
- Evaluate and scrutinize the project plan and all product specifications for accuracy, completeness, and achievability while managing to budget.
- Must be an expert in complex product design; must understand Lumen OSS and must understand communications technologies.
- Team builder and leader that can cast a vision, illustrate tactics/strategy, and hold team members accountable.
- Must be a corporate spokesperson, sales support expert, and teacher to our junior and senior product managers across all VPs and extending to other business units.
- Ability to develop a vision for where you want the product to go and the confidence to drive to that outcome.
- Skill to wear multiple hats necessary to see a project through to completion
- Strong communication skills to drive market research, interface with internal and external Customers and drive technical outcomes with internal and external development teams
- Develop and manage to Product Development Framework and Go to Market activities necessary to ensure a successful program launch, including testing and change management activities, business and customer demos, and communication plans
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager with complex over-the-top products, services and solutions in the telecommunications or technology industries
- Understanding of SAFe Agile methodology
- Market research and data analytics skills
- A/B testing and market research techniques
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Experience with product strategy and prototyping
- Basic understanding of data structures and algorithms
- UX/UI experience is a plus, but not required