Employer: Epson America
Epson is a global technology company at the forefront of technological revolutions in imaging, robotics, precision machinery and electronics. As a Sr. IT Customer Service Representative (NOC Technician) you will be the first responder and fixer for anything from server, network, and other infrastructure related problems, internal incidents, and Help Desk support. You will need to be comfortable multitasking to reactively address issues effecting players and service.
You will report to the Technical Services Manager and work closely with the Operations and Technical Services teams.
This position can be 100% remote. (If preferred it can also be hybrid out of Epson America’s headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA.)
The successful candidate will perform tasks including but not limited to the following functions:
- Monitor, notify, fix and escalate alarms related to production systems.
- Adhere to the shift schedule for the NOC Team and comply with all company and department policies.
- Document issues using the Ticket Tracking System and follow the Escalation and Notification Process.
- Develop and maintain documentation for NOC operations.
- Constantly improve the alerting of supported systems by adding, removing or revising alerts to better reflect the current platform operations or as requested by management.
- Troubleshoot & perform basic system administration tasks for Windows and Linux Servers, and network equipment.
- Perform patch management of windows and Linux servers both on-site and cloud
- Ensure backups are successful
- Adopts and follows best practices and develops procedures where appropriate.
- Monitors and proactively supports products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Diagnoses, isolates, and resolves problems with supported technologies, products, and services. Identifies and performs documented root cause analysis.
- Participate and manage key infrastructure projects as an individual, with the team members of the department, and with Epson’s business groups.
- Will monitor and manage Control-M job execution for production
- 5 plus years working in NOC, Operations, or System Administration role
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring solutions. Example: SolarWinds
- ITIL based Ticketing systems. Example: Ivanti Service Manager
- Must have experience with Linux and Windows systems, which include patch management solutions. Example: SCCM and Satellite Server.
- Experience in working with Active Directory (Provide user provisioning management e.g. new account set-up, security access creation, account removal at termination, etc…)
- Experience with automation. Example: Ansible
- Familiar with cloud. Example: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions. Example: VEEAM
- Job scheduling experience; controlling unattended background program execution for production and Q/A systems (i.e. BMC Control-M)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Network infrastructure experience is a PLUS