Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Fully Remote – Work From Anywhere
EMEA – Fully Remote
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Read more about Life at Omnipresent here
You’ll be joining the engineering capacity within the Business IT Services team. You will develop and maintain our shared services SaaS stack. You will lead IT infrastructure projects. You will work closely with the cybersecurity team to improve our security posture.
You are a senior IT infrastructure engineer that has worked in cloud-based environments before. You have led infrastructure projects within the internal IT teams. You are goal-oriented, self-driven and a great team player. You enjoy taking initiative and charting the course forward.
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
Reporting to the IT Operations Lead you will be responsible for
- implementing new SaaS solutions
- maintaining and developing existing ones
- owning the SaaS landscape throughout the company
- acting as SaaS-subject matter expert across all departments
Working alongside the IT Security and IT Automation teams you will apply your expertise to help us grow our internally faced application landscape. Your primary responsibility will be to understand the business challenges the IT Operations team is facing and solve them with technical measures. You will be expected to propose and evaluate new solutions. You will be counted on to recognise when Omnipresent needs to replace a SaaS platform with a more powerful solution. As a senior infrastructure engineer, you will be expected to lead infrastructure projects and share knowledge with other members of the team.
You have done some of these things:
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing SaaS-based IT infrastructure
- Minimum 4 years of experience working as an IT Infrastructure engineer
- Experience leading IT infrastructure projects (implementations of new platforms, development or overhaul of existing ones)
- Experience working with online collaboration platforms (Google Workspace, Slack)
- Strong knowledge of security best practices within the area of IT Infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of identity management
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based device management
- Strong knowledge of Windows automation (Intune, Powershell)
We would consider it a bonus if:
- You have experience with setting up BYOD platforms
- You have experience with setting up internal ticketing systems (Halp, Jira, ServiceNow)
- You have experience with Mac devices
You are the sort of person that..
- Is self-driven and goal oriented
- Loves to be focussed on tech!
- Understands the value of collaboration within the team and across teams
- Has a good understanding of value-driven approach to IT infrastructure
- Worked in agile teams before
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: We have a flexible leave policy – you may take as much holiday as you like, so long as it is agreed with your manager. As a guidance, we expect people to take at least 33 days per year, including public holidays (or your region’s minimum, if greater).
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months by their due date, we offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, followed by statutory for your region. Secondary caregivers that have been with us for 12 months are entitled to 8 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. We will provide you with the home office equipment you need to enable you to work effectively wherever you are, including covering internet costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses.
- Additional benefits: we offer additional benefits that vary from region to region, such as medical, life insurance, pension/retirement funds and more – please ask your Talent Partner when you speak with us!
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.