As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available – Must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate (relocation assistance available).
- Remote Option: Work remote MF, AND be available as needed to attend occasional on-site meetings as required at Meijer corporate offices in (Grand Rapids) Walker, MI.
- Hybrid Option: Work office M-W, work remote Th-F
Meijer is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer to analyze the information security environment, identify the requirements and develop measures, processes and systems to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. The Senior Information Security Engineer will research and determine the best methods of implementing and enforcing security policies across the enterprise.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Consults with IT and the business to evaluate, select, install and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
- Works to determine appropriate security policies.
- Mentors, leads or assists resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by internal and external auditing departments.
- Advises security operation staff on normal and exception processing of security authorization requests.
- Documents and oversees security policies and maintains resource classification scheme.
- Present on information security to various audiences.
- Protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information in the custody of or processed by the company.
- Consults with IT management to ensure the selection of information security controls.
- Provides technical expertise and guides the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends and plans implementation of new software applications or tool implementations for implications to existing security software and devices.
- Develops and implements information security awareness programs, conducting seminars and workshops as appropriate.
- Develops technical information materials and workshops on these new areas for IT as appropriate.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Security, or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Industry certifications preferred one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS GIAC, or other industry specific certification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Security with Superior technical proficiency in securityrelated hardware and software.
- 6+ years of experience in IT with a broad range of exposure to business planning, systems analysis, security solutions, application development and infrastructure support.
- Experience in IT must include exposure to systems analysis, security solutions and application development, and infrastructure support.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS technology and dialin access control systems.
- Knowledge of information security standards, NIST, COBIT, ISO 27001, ITIL.
- Familiarity with multi-platform environments and their operational/security considerations.
- Experience successfully developing and implementing new technology.
- Broad knowledge and prior work experience with risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, and authentication technologies.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Confidence and leadership as a project lead or team member of project teams in a cross functional environment.
Locations: MI, OH, IN, IL, WI, KY