Sr. Graphic Web Designer
United States, Remote
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
Dealer Inspire’s Website Graphic Design Team delivers leading creative solutions for our clients for their website and all their digital marketing needs.
Members of our Website Graphic Design Team handle inbound design requests from clients, Performance Managers and Production Project Leads, and make design strategy recommendations based on our website platform capabilities and best practices. Our designers leverage both creative design and User Interface/User Experience Design techniques to drive consumer engagement, increase brand presence and deliver a best-in-class user experience.
All of our Website Graphic Designers execute designs based on client strategies and objectives, working closely with internal stakeholders and other members of the design team to provide the best creative solutions on our platforms.
Website Designers should know the fundamentals of graphic and responsive website design and be proficient in design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc). Other responsibilities include fielding support tickets for minor client design needs, creating designs for internal requests like marketing materials, and knowledge of brand standards regarding specific manufacturers.
The Sr. Website Graphic Designer is very fluent with the Dealer Inspire platform and all aspects of website and user interface design. A Sr. Website Graphic Designer should have very high proficiency of required design applications, be capable of handling high profile client design consultation, and understand how to communicate designs to a variety of audiences.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong skill and experience working in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD/Sketch/Figma
- Exceptional creative design skills
- Advanced understanding of fundamentals of graphic/web design – knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Experience and ability to collaborate with designers and colleagues across the organization
- Ability to move quickly and proficiently through design projects.
- Ability to understand and work within brand guidelines and standards – experience in automotive and with OEMs a plus.
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Detail oriented, very organized and punctual
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies
- Willing to accept and provide feedback on design and business competencies
- Interest in being part of a collaborative design environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Design-related field, (or 5-7 years if of professional graphic design experience)
- At least 3 years of professional web design experience
- Admin duties for Website Production Designs (Admin SOW design projects, prioritize design pipeline and escalate overdue designs).
- Admin duties for design process updates, process documentation upkeep (Confluence), internal design resource updates, and communication within the design team.
- Admin duties for OEM program design needs (Model Landing Page and Go To Market OEM assets).
- Train and mentor employees on all aspects of the DI Platform web design process.
- Work internally or with other departments to improve the workflow of website creation.
- Able to handle high profile design projects (Major Groups, Redevelopments, Signature/Custom sites).
- Work closely with Jr. & Sr. Website Graphic Designers, Project Managers, and Front-End Developers to develop and implement website design solutions for dealers based on best recommendations.
- Handle support ticket requests and all communications involved.
- Multi-task various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Update existing website design templates and facilitate design asset upkeep related to year-over-year vehicle models or other areas of need.
- Be able to learn automotive compliance and brand standards and implement all designs with high attention to detail.
- Handle internal design requests.
- Able to work with very little guidance or supervision