Senior Graphic Designer, Little Passports
*Current Remote Locations: AL, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, WY.
*This role is not eligible for CO state or any not listed above.
Little Passports, part of the BEGiN family, has a new opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our growing team! This role will report to our Creative Director in San Francisco, and can be 100% remote based in select US locations* (see below).
BEGiN is an award-winning educational technology company with a worldwide impact. With products as effective as they are fun, BEGiN’s family of brands builds critical skills for school and life.
We’re a diverse team of talented people passionate about creating educational content kids love. At BEGiN, we have the rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe by bringing high-quality at-home learning to kids globally!
Little Passports is a direct-to-consumer children’s brand developing original stories and activities focused on geography, culture, science, and art. We are a mission-driven company inspired to help children discover the wonders and mysteries of the world around them. Our award-winning subscriptions have delivered millions of one-of-a-kind activity kits to children around the globe. With our products, children not only learn about a subject but go on an imaginative global adventure, enriching their minds and developing an awareness of the wider world.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Graphic Designer will collaborate on high-level design concepts and creative strategy and have a direct hand in helping to shape and evolve the Little Passports brand. We’re looking for a seasoned designer with a mastery of a broad range of design skills and knowledge to create high-impact work across all of our key consumer touchpoints. This role sits within the Little Passports Marketing team and will work cross-functionally to develop innovative and engaging creative across Digital, Print, and TV. You must be able to seamlessly take a project from concept to execution, using in-house and outside help, while still taking on design tasks as needed.
- Drive the best expression of the brand through storytelling and creative execution across all Marketing channels.
- Oversee lifestyle and product photo and video shoots, from concept and mood boarding through to preproduction, production, and post.
- Collaborate and pitch in as needed with other Creatives on crossover projects.
- Innovate and iterate on Creative to target business goals and KPIs.
- Collaborate with various teams within Marketing and across the Company, including Product and Site, to design creative concepts that integrate multiple vehicles of brand visuals.
- Help to evolve Little Passports’s visual identity and maintain consistency throughout all aspects of design.
- Be able to collaborate with a team of designers through the end-to-end design process, providing clear direction, reviewing work and encouraging innovation, creative thinking, new ideas and solutions.
- Ensure all design deliverables are of the highest quality and the best visual representation of our brand.
- Assist in driving improvement, efficiency and effectiveness into all methodologies and deliverables and suggest new methods and techniques to improve our creative development processes.
- Contribute to a strong Design team culture, encouraging and developing collaborative relationships with our Marketing and cross-functional partners.
- Update and maintain style guides for the Little Passports brand.
- 3-5 years of design experience with a Marketing Design and Branding background.
- Ability to apply design principles across static and motion design.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Mastery in applying the principles of identity and visual system design across multiple touchpoints.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to lead and produce inspired creative work while under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress.
- Experience working on consumer brands.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expert knowledge in the following tools/programs: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Some knowledge of the following tools/programs: Figma, Adobe XD.
- Motion Graphic experience.
- Video editing experience.
- Illustration experience.
- Writing experience.
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments.
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles.
- Are resourceful and entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team.
What you’ll get:
- BEGiN offers competitive compensation, including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits.
- 401k company match.
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly.
- The rare opportunity to make a dent.
BEGiN is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At BEGiN, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At BEGiN, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.