Senior Game Artist (Animation)
WEB3 ART + DESIGN /
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you’ll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
We are looking for a creative 2D Animator for character and SFX animation. Your work will bring life and top tier polish to our ever expanding library of games. Playco’s animators possess a creative eye and artistic aptitude. To excel in this role, you must be technically minded, able to work with Adobe Animate/Flash along with our in house exporting tools. We want someone who’s familiar with the best entries in the mobile games market and understands why they stand out from the rest.
- Takes loose concepts and pitches and brings something magical to their execution.
- Flexibility to work in styles that range from cartoony to more realistic.
- Passion to constantly be on top of what the current most beautiful games in the market are and understanding what they’re doing to add polish.
- Open to learning new tools.
- Working within constraints like optimizing for load times.
- Quick and efficient turnaround times.
- Proven experience as animator.
- Knowledge of 2D animation (3D is a plus!).
- Proficient in Adobe CS (specifically Animate/Flash).
- A creative storyteller with presentation abilities.
- Comfortable working with deadlines and budget restrictions.
- Teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Japanese.