Senior Full Stack Engineer
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer focusing on development, you will continuously add value to the interface between our edge computing platforms and host. You will contribute directly to solutions that enable content and collect critical performance data.As an important part of the software engineering team, you will help create our in-store IoT solutions.
Cooler Screens is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago and Silicon Valley leaders and advisors. As we transform the retail customer experience with our digital mediaplatform,we invite you to join Cooler Screens in enabling the journey.
What You Will Do:
- Be a key member of the software engineering team: collaborating, designing, coding, and testing.
- Actively engage in the agile process.
- Work cross-functionally with product management and QA to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Participate in our software engineering culture: striving for excellence, mentoring others, keeping an eye out for refactoring, investing in skills, thinking of the future, having fun.
Who You Are:
- 6-8+ years of experience
- Strategic & critical thinker
- Focuses on outcomes
- Thrives on freedom and responsibility
- Team player, low ego
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic
- Great communication skills
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid practical fundamental knowledge of web-based application development, software engineering, and design
- Deep skills and experience in a modern strongly typed programming language
- Knowledge and experience of
- algorithms, data structures, software design, and architecture
- UI and back end performance
- Docker + Container Runtimes (IoT Edge, Kubernetes, or similar systems)
- modern development workflow (CI/CD, automated testing, PRs, etc)
- Cloud, Azure preferred
- writing test plans, automated testing, functional, reliability, scalability testing
- Developing Ad Tech software would be helpful
- Interest in full stack development would be helpful
- Ability and desire to rapidly learn new technologies and solve challenging problems
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment.
- Comfortable with remote work and distributed teams
or the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. This is remote first position with travel as needed.