Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Join the Capcom team as a Senior Front End Software Engineer. The Capcom team is responsible for onboarding and educating users on their health plan(s) and the tools available to manage and maximize value with a focus on both increased health outcomes and decreased financial costs. Through features that you will build, users are guided beyond basic usage of the system to understand the full functionality as well as build meaningful insights into their health care usage and associated costs and get the full value. The team has a strong and integrated relationship with the product team based on strong collaboration, trust and partnership. Goals for the team are focused on creating meaningful positive impact for our customers through clear and measurable metrics analysis.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer you will have the role of champion for quality and engineering best practices, mentoring junior and peer co-workers, while bringing a fun and energizing experience to work every day.
At Optum Digital we are focused on bringing modern software best practices of silicon valley and bringing them to the Healthcare industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish and Implement software best practices
- Provide mentorship and feedback for other team members
- Build new products (both web and mobile in React)
- Foster culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Evolve existing products
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Be a member of a cross functional team focused on understanding our members, and building new tools to create awareness and engagement with the full range of tools and services available digitally.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Accountable for Product quality along with the team. Support the application and keep the quality bar high.
- Collaborate with BE and FS engineers to build architectural sound and extensible software
- 3+ years of Experience with web or mobile development with relation to the User interface, experience and design
- 3+ years of web or mobile development with understanding of client and server topology and communication
- 2+ years of experience with React and/or React Native
- 1+ years of experience with Redux
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of real world industry experience
- 5+ years of experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React and React Native
- Experience in design and development
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- Product related development experience within design and UX development