Title: Senior Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full-time
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team with a culture rooted in kindness, empathy, and product-mindedness. We’re looking for someone to help us build products that support our clinical team in providing care and a world class experience for our members, helping transform addiction medicine across the country.
You’ll own product engineering for Eleanor’s care coordination platform, including building the connective tissue that ties together the fragmented behavioral health landscape. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage a passionate, mission-driven, team of product engineers, help create roadmaps, and work closely with leaders across the company to ensure product engineers are working on the highest impact things.
This is a player-coach role where you will need to be hands-on technically and manage the product engineering team. It will report to Eleanor Health’s Head of Product.
- Manage, lead, and grow a team of fullstack software engineers working across Eleanor’s products and services
- Collaborate with product managers, clinicians, marketers, and other cross-functional partners to plan roadmaps and initiatives that will delight customers and help us achieve our goals
- Partner with technical team leads in shaping and guiding the technical direction for your team
- Drive continuous improvement in development best practices, quality, and process
- Participate in code reviews, help lead technical discussions, and sometimes contribute code
- Manage team resourcing needs, growth, recruiting plans, and goals
- Own your team’s software and infrastructure from design to production including 3rd-party integrations and relationships
- Engage with the technical & healthcare communities as a core member of Eleanor’s technical team
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Have multiple years of hands on software engineering experience including previous experience managing and mentoring software engineers
- Are experienced with developing world-class engineers and teams into high-performing engineering teams that ship quality software
- Bring exceptional communication skills to collaborate with colleagues from across the business to translate business and product goals into impactful engineering goals and priorities
- Enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity and possess the decision-making skills and flexibility to address changing needs quickly and unblock teams
- Are keen on staying up to date on current technology trends and continuously improving team and company performance by incorporating modern engineering and tech best practices
- Are knowledgeable about about using agile methodologies, pair programming, Domain Driven Design, CI/CD, and writing tests to ship high quality software
- Have a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership for meeting commitments
- Expertise developing web apps or mobile apps (or both!). We use technologies such as React, Typescript, and Go, on Google Cloud Platform, but experience with those technologies is not required.
- Are currently authorized to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship
Nice to have:
- Previous healthcare experience and familiarity with healthcare technology (EHR, RCM, HIE) and compliance (HIPAA, SOC2, HITRUST)
- Hands on experience architecting technology platforms from the ground up and maintaining complex systems and integrations including distributed architectures
- Experience hiring software engineers, offshore firms and contractors, and growing teams