Senior Engineering Manager – Remote
Location: United States
Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
Nacelle is looking for a veteran Senior Engineering Manager to join our team. This role is central to our operations, with the responsibility to lead our engineering squads, execute our ShapeUp framework, and work closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Customer Success teams. You’ll be overseeing key processes, leveraging metrics to improve overall squad performance, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality software. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic environment and make a tangible impact on our platform.
In this role you will:
- Lead assigned engineering squads in the design and implementation of software solutions.
- Execute our ShapeUp framework to effectively manage projects and meet business goals.
- Leverage metrics to continuously improve overall squad performance.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence and continuous improvement.
We would love to hear from you if:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience managing engineering teams.
- Proficient in working with microservices and distributed systems.
- Superb architect skills with a deep understanding of how systems work.
- A college degree is required; graduating with honors is a big plus.
We’d be really excited if you have:
- Ecommerce experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget