Senior Director, Operations Engineering
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Senior Director, Operations Engineering is responsible for leading a team of talented developers across multiple geographies and facilitates excellence in software development delivery to Clients. They serve as a technical liaison when interfacing with internal teams as well as clients, driving continuous improvement, innovation, and efficiency within the department. This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
*Remote opportunities available
- Partner with senior leadership to establish strategic plans, objectives, and roadmaps.
- Oversee development for study delivery; model and promote efficient practices, high quality and consistency across accounts ensuring processes are aligned with regulations and internal procedures.
- Collaborate, communicate, and engage with other delivery stakeholder leaders like Account Directors and Project Managers in terms of timelines, resource planning and other delivery factors.
- Create and ensure metrics measuring development performance for both speed and quality of delivery.
- Oversee teams meeting targets for development.
- Provide direction, guidance, coaching and professional development to Lead Developers, and oversee these activities for the larger Operational Engineering team (including onboarding).
- Work across the pillars of Engineering (Operations Engineers, Product Engineers, and Integration Engineers) to standardize and progress engineering uniformity across endpoint.
- Assist in process improvement activities and forums relating to the procedures around the design, programming, and delivery of software to clients.
- Act as the Operations Engineering point of contact for global production issues.
- Provide technical support to Business Development for existing and new awards.
- Serve as the technical escalation point for Lead Developers.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced, and objective manner.
- Facilitate, escalate & contribute to technical & architectural solutioning within Operations Engineering including troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing formal product feedback to Product Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and/or appropriate experience
- 5+ years’ experience of technical management of operational software teams
Demonstrable experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and other software development concepts like Source Control (Git), DevOps, CI/CD
Experience with application and database design and development
5 years’ experience in the IRT industry.
Experience with ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server is advantageous
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attentive listening skills.
- Strong Leadership skills
endpoint is an equal opportunities employer AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.