Senior Director of Information Security
About the job
ShiftMed, the leading and fastest-growing nursing jobs platform in the U.S., is looking for a Senior Director of Information Security to the Compliance and Legal Department. ShiftMed’s mission is to revolutionize the nurse staffing business, leveraging our technology to empower healthcare professionals to take control of their schedules. Our app enables them to connect directly with facilities to find the best opportunities that fit their needs while earning approximately 20% higher than the industry average.
The Senior Director of Information Security will provide the vision and leadership necessary to manage the risk to the organization and will ensure business alignment, effective governance, system and product availability, integrity, and confidentiality. If this sounds like you, please apply today we can’t wait to meet you!
Who we are:
- Our Mission is to empower healthcare professionals to make a living doing what they love, when and where they want.
In the news:
- Recognized on Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list!
- Business Insider exclusive article on our annual state of nursing survey
- ShiftMed has been featured in media outlets such as, USA Today, Yahoo! News, Huffington Post’s Thrive Global, Fortune, Nasdaq TradeTalks, Skilled Nursing News and Home Health Care News
ShiftMed Setting a New Standard:
- 100,000+ (and growing!) Healthcare professionals nationwide on our app
- Over 300,000 hours of care service to 200,000+ patients
- 400% revenue growth in 2021
- ShiftMed app downloaded 150,000x (and counting!) over the last 6 months
About your role:
- Develops and implements information security programs in accordance with organizational information security standards.
- Evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule and promotes information security awareness within the organization
- Accountable for security policies governing IT infrastructure company-wide, including but not limited to: planning and management of computer operations; systems and database administration; user administration; telecom (including phone and video conferencing).
- Partner with the IT Operations team to implement best-in-class IT security controls
- Identify and deploy security technologies and program enhancements
- Implement education programs on user awareness and security compliance
- Connect organizational requirements with security goals
- Develop and implement IT security policies and procedures, including specific focus on HIPAA security compliance
Requirements and Skills:
- Manage the full suite of data and device security controls
- Ensure compliance readiness (e.g., SOC 2, HIPAA/HITECH) as appropriate
- Maintain efficient and compliant IT Operations SOPs, including controls and monitoring procedures to appropriate security compliance and access controls are implemented.
- Develops and performs security assessments for business partners and vendors, leveraging industry best practices, to evaluate existing and potential business partnerships for compliance and security risk
- Establish acceptable use and permissions for all internal and external facing global collaboration tools (Zoom, Teams, Google, SharePoint, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or another closely related field
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a combination of risk management and security enforcement rules
What you’ll love:
- Competitive salary and bonus eligibility
- Generous PTO
- 10 Holiday paid days off
- 401k with company match
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Company-provided laptop
- Tremendous growth opportunities to be with a thriving young company disrupting the HealthTech space
- 100% remote work flexibility
When you join our company, you’re not just accepting a job. You are making a career move.
ShiftMed is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid paternity leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Disability insurance