Note from FlexJobs Staff: Please note income information is provided for Colorado residents only, and the employer is open to candidates from other areas. Please inquire with the employer.
Title: Senior Director, Digital & Product Strategy (work from home)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States working East coast hours.
About the job & team:
The American Red Cross is looking for a Senior Director, Digital & Product Strategy to join the Innovation team. The Innovation team operates like a startup within the American Red Cross focusing on leveraging technology and data to improve mission delivery. https://www.redcross.org/about-us/who-we-are/innovation.html
This person will play a vital role in driving Innovation at the American Red Cross. This role will be responsible for three distinct functional areas:
1. Digital strategy: The leader playing this role will drive digital strategy discussions, define the digital strategy for discreet areas, and identify new Innovation opportunities. Qualification of opportunities will involve doing user studies, creating business cases, and defining the potential. In this area, the person will play the role of an internal consultant and work with different stakeholders to understand the problem statement, define the digital strategy for solving the problem, and document high-level requirements and high-level wireframes for the technology solution.
2. Product strategy and management: Leading a team of resources to define the user experience, detailed product requirements, detailed process flows, and other product requirements-related artifacts. These artifacts will be used by the developers and testers to build the product.
3. Innovation Pipeline Management & Communications: This leader will manage the Innovation pipeline by qualifying new opportunities and driving the intake process. This role will also track and report on Innovation metrics and own strategic communications for the Innovation team in the following categories â€“ overall Innovation, product-specific communication, and Innovation insights.
We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker who can help revolutionize the way we are delivering our mission using technology and data. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in leveraging cutting-edge technologies to deliver our mission more effectively. Some of the solutions built might be the first of their kind in the industry.
We are looking for someone with a management consulting background to identify business opportunities that can be addressed using technology, define the desired business capabilities for the identified opportunity, define the future state business processes, high-level wireframes and develop the business case.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in multiple industries with a blend of expertise ranging from business problem definition, high-level user experience definition, high-level user story definition, and financial benefit modeling for the opportunity.
The individual in this role must be able to function effectively with a high degree of independence and minimal direct supervision.
What you will be doing:
- Define the digital strategy for specific business areas and problem statements
- Conduct user interviews, facilitate design thinking workshops and user testing of products to capture requirements for new products
- Build high level financial models to calculate business cases for projects
- Own the Innovation project pipeline and intake process
- Drive strategic communications regarding the Innovation function and product-related communications.
- Own the process of tracking and reporting on Innovation metrics.
- Lead the team to create business capability maps, detailed process flows, requirements and user stories for specific opportunities
- Lead the team to define wireframes and user experience design for digital products
- Visit various American Red Cross sites to understand the business model and operations. Compare with industry best practices and identify opportunities for Innovation
- Partner with business teams across all business units to define opportunities that can be solved using technology and data
What we need from you:
- At least 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience with digital products
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Must have – Consulting experience with big four or other top tier management consulting firms
- Experience driving change in large organizations
- Ability to define business capabilities for digital products
- Experience with creating high-level wireframes and high-level user experience design
- Experience with design thinking, design sprint, empathy workshops and other processes for driving product innovation
- Experience with creating detailed current state and future state process flows
- Ability to create financial models for project business cases
- Experience with business analysis and documentation of product requirements for digital technology initiatives
- Constantly willing to push boundaries and overcome obstacles
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with executives
What’s in it for you:
For those candidates located in Colorado or Connecticut, the average annual salary range for this position is $185K +/- based on experience. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances.
Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education