Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most – their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 300,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Harvard University, Google, Docusign, docker and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our marketing organization.
This is an exciting leadership position that sits right at the heartbeat of our company working with customer developers and engineers who use Pantheon software every day to deliver high performance websites. You will lead a team that attracts, educates, and inspires developers by advocating for better development practices with Pantheon.
If you are a highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about building high performance teams, highly engaged user communities, and developer advocacy this is an amazing opportunity for you to make your mark on the open web in a fast-paced high growth SaaS company. The ideal candidate has experience leading and growing community and advocacy programs with developers, engineers, designers or website teams and building highly engaged and collaborative teams.
Cool Things You’ll Do
The Director of Developer Relations leads the teams responsible for the Pantheon developer community, advocacy and training and user experience messaging.
- Foster and lead a highly engaged team that amplifies the Pantheon brand as the face of Pantheon with our respected and growing user community
- Advocate internally and externally for the Pantheon developer community as a champion of user feedback into our product development, go-to-market and messaging priorities and strategies.
- Build a short and long-term strategic plan and vision for the growth and expansion of our community and advocacy programs focused on the success of our user-base and the value they experience from Pantheon.
- Contribute to our overall marketing plan as a member of the marketing leadership team, creating and managing OKRs, managing a budget and participating in the leadership plan and strategy.
What You Bring To The Table
- 2+ years experience leading developer relations, a developer community, user community or advocacy program at a high growth software company – preferably Cloud/SaaS.
- BA or BS, Graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience building websites and/or hands-on development work at some point in your career.
- Change management and project management experience, or experience working to coordinate activities with multiple stakeholders
- Technical knowledge of Drupal, WordPress, and Pantheon — to be able to support our customers.
- Clear communicator who pays attention to detail and is super organized
- You’re a humble servant leader — a people person you enjoy fostering relationships and helping others succeed.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Pantheon’s Platform
- Involved in the WordPress and/or Drupal communities
- Experience leading or managing a community such as a meetup group, or organizing a community-focused event
- Experience with Discourse or other community software tools
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate