Sr. Digital Designer, Global Digital Experience (Remote)
- San Mateo, New York, Chicago, Miami, CA, NY, IL, FL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Function: Corporate Marketing(MAR)
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick to implement, and designed software for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies — from startups to public companies — worldwide use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CX, CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks is seeking a well-rounded Sr. Digital Designer who is self-driven, compassionate, and ambitious, with a consistent track record of producing delightful design concepts and to help drive high-quality visual experiences across Freshworks’ digital properties. Reporting to the Art Director of Global Digital Experience, you will have a tremendous impact across the entire digital ecosystem of Freshworks by creating experiences that maximizes engagement, tells the transformative stories of our products, grows the marketing pipeline, and amplifies our brand. You will help translate business goals into delightful and successful design solutions while building trust and engagement with internal partners and stakeholders.
Provide strong visual design creation
- Challenge the status quo, champion bold ideas, and demonstrate ongoing innovation.
- Help drive creation, and evolution of digital design system, visual storytelling patterns, and templates
- Use a metrics and research-driven approach to analyze, create, and evangelize design and experience strategy to internal and external partners
Scale our brand awareness and drive relevancy
- Help build, strengthen, and amplify both company and product brands via all the web expressions.
- Create digital experiences that grow awareness, shape perceptions, and influence preference.
- Enable teams to deliver the effective, consistent execution of experiences across the entire digital ecosystem of Freshworks with toolkits, education, and guidance.
Improve web conversions
- Simplify and optimize web journeys to increase Free Trial conversion rates
- Nurture leads more effectively with personalized web, email, and social media journeys
- Provide trustworthy, facts-rich content to engage, persuade leads to take action
- Deliver outstanding digital design, delightful visual experiences for .com, events, marketing communications and other digital properties
- Provide support on visual and experience design tasks in alignment with Freshworks Design and Brand guidelines.
- Help build a design system for dotcom from the ground up, including the creation of UX patterns, sticker sheets, UI components, interaction models, animations, and documentation in collaboration with development team
- Create experiences with user-centered design principles in mind, articulate design rationale and share insight into design solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Strategy, Business Owners, User Research, Localization & Translation, Development, Analytics, and Brand teams located in India, US, and around the globe
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other designers within the Global Digital Experience team
- Collaborate with globally located engineers, stakeholders, and vendors to deliver high-quality, cohesive digital solutions through the entire design process
- Stay on top of the latest trends in web design and technology, and propose new ways to elevate our digital experiences
- Collaborate with teams of designers from internal and external orgs
- Design for a wide range of projects while ensuring consistent activation of the Freshworks brand across digital properties such as our website, social channels, and email
- Support development teams throughout the implementation cycle.
- 6+ years of experience in designing marketing websites as well as developing and applying brand and digital design systems
- Excellent understanding of fundamental design principles with a deep understanding of information design, typography, layout, color theory, composition, and information hierarchy.
- Command of design and presentation tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Miro, Keynote, PowerPoint)
- A strong foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Extending the brand expression system to interactive digital experiences
- Experienced with responsive website design and optimizing for all devices
- Ability to articulate design strategy, rationale, perspective, and present design concepts to partners in various organizations and levels
- Strong understanding of UX processes and disciplines
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously while effectively managing timelines and delivering quality work on-time
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior designers on the team
- Ability to work in onsite/offshore model
- Incredible eye for detail with meticulous standards
- BA in Design or equivalent experience
- A portfolio demonstrating clean, inspired work
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment and be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable receiving and delivering constructive feedback.
- Intellectually curious. Ability to think big – constantly pushing boundaries and elevating the expectations of what’s possible.
- A blend of both B2B and B2C marketing experience is highly preferred.
These are some benefits you can expect from us in return:
- Great opportunity to build the European presence of a fast-paced global growth start-up from scratch
- Flexible career development path within an international environment
- Work closely with inspiring, supportive and interesting colleagues in an international team within a flat organisational hierarchy
- An experienced executive team of managers and experts
- FRIYAY’s: Additional fully paid company holidays on selected Fridays
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Company funded Medical Cash Plan
- Company funded Life Assurance, income protection & critical illness insurances
- Qualifying workplace pension scheme with company contribution of up to 6%
- Learning & Reading budget of up to £1.000/year
- Fitness budget of up to £30/month
- Temporary COVID internet allowance of up to £70/month
- Temporary COVID One-Time home office set-up allowance of up to £250 (for new hires only)
- Enhanced Maternity Leave
- Free yoga classes twice a week
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Company Funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for both you and your family
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.