Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Consistently paced work environment with a solid 50/50 mix of project work and supporting other Engineering teams. From day to day you will be working with other engineers to help them pursue their projects within our infrastructure and then be working towards enhancing or automating sections of that same infrastructure to make things better in the future. You could be working to lift container provisioning out of ECS and into EKS, helping to shore up our ORR processes, or designing/implementing new facets of our Observability framework.This position would work across our two infrastructure teams as needed and serve as a strong technical leader attached to the leader of those teams.
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Consolidate away from NewRelic into Datadog as subject matter experts assisting swathes of other engineering teams
- Looking and talking through our historical tooling to see what needs to be broken apart and evolved
- Take part in our ongoing conversations around most preferred outdoor cooking methods and is a hotdog actually a sandwich?
Where you can make an impact:
- Provide a central, well-documented set of reusable tools and practices that reflect the best way to write software in Python and Go within our culture.
- Make it frictionless to create, deploy, and manage services for the organization.
- Develop and maintain NerdWallet’s self-service approach for our engineering teams.
- Create and enhance scalable architecture solutions ranging from MVP to Robust.
- Write and maintain essential tooling for our Cloud infrastructure.
- Continually improve our ongoing progress with Observability.
- An excellent collaborator who enjoys enabling other engineering teams.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to changing priorities and requirements.
- Pragmatic and results focused.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in writing high-quality code in Go or Python. Experience with both is great!
- Experience developing on public cloud providers, AWS preferred.
- Experience or a strong interest in automating any routine task.
- Experience with containers and microservices (e.g. Docker, kubernetes, AWS EKS, etc)
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.