Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: United States
About the Team
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people get their tasks done and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to help lead the next phase of Taskrabbit’s growth.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will implement fault resistant, highly available infrastructure. You will assist and drive incidents, develop and implement processes and policies.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.
What You’ll Work On:
- Building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines from scratch for testing and releasing configuration and software.
- Monitor and resolve issues in all environments using tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Pingdom.
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks, and scaling the environment as needed using DataDog and other tools.
- Design and implement zero-downtime to accomplish highly available service (99.9%).
- Ensure systems are secure against cyberthreats.
- Automate tasks and develop tools to increase engineering efficiency and visibility.
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between different regions in cloud providers such as AWS.
- Manage web domain and certificates.
- Troubleshoot production and testing environment issues, including performance and function issues.
- Provide support to the organization through on-call, resolving issues and driving infrastructure changes.
- Identify, define and document system requirements and recommend solutions to management.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure and DevOps Space.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef.)
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF, CloudFront, etc.
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Helm
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Experience supporting 24×7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience working with a product that has end-users
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- AWS Certification a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Software development background is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- About Taskrabbit:
- Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.