Title: Senior Designer – Fully Remote
Location: Remote US
Job Type: Fully remote
Job Description: Job Description
Reporting to the enterprise brand creative director, the Senior Designer will be a lead contributor to creative projects and initiatives across brand and marketing communications while mentoring and inspiring a talented pool of designers. This individual must be a talented and experienced senior level designer who can bring a high level of creative aesthetic and advanced knowledge of marketing and branding communications to life. Must have the ability to influence creative concepts and provide design direction to junior colleagues. In addition, the Senior Designer must demonstrate strategic and creative problem-solving with a deep understanding of design to develop compelling ideas that are on brand and meet business objectives. Must have strong presentation skills with the ability to sell creative ideas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate impactful creative ideas and marketing executions that deliver and adhere to the brand vision and brand standards while ensuring consistency.
- Present design concepts, serving as subject matter expert in formal meetings with senior and management level team members, for design reviews and approval.
- Potentially manage, lead, mentor and inspire a pool of talented designers.
- Bring creative ideas to life across a wide range of unique projects through innovation and collaboration with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Design for a broad range of deliverables that include brand identity and expressions as well as signing, print, email, DM, social and digital across paid, earned and owned channels.
- Successfully use skills and knowledge to create compelling themes, ideas and designs that are on brand, and meet or exceed business objectives.
- Partner with design peers and implementation to deliver on the brief and project expectations and ensure execution of ideas as planned.
- Help assign work to, and direct, designers based on skills and area of focus.
- 5+ years of designer experience
- 1+ year of experience as a brand and advertising senior designer in a brand/design firm, advertising agency and/or corporate brand design environment
- 5+ years of expereince across both digital and print design
- 5+ years of experience with corporate identity systems, able to design for a complex brand architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with Mac, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred in Design, Communications, Fine Arts, or similar or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record as a senior designer, with examples of breakthrough creative.
- A deep understanding of design (concept, composition, color theory, typography, imagery, etc.), current design and industry trends, and grounded in modern design thinking principles.
- Ability to lead and generate impactful creative ideas within a strong, rich and always evolving brand identity system, adhering to principles and guidelines while creating original and compelling solutions
- Ability to express and sell ideas and design through informal and formal presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take creative direction, incorporating feedback and going beyond
- Ability to influence creative concepts and provide design direction.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for strategic and creative problem-solving that results in compelling ideas that are on brand and meet business objectives.
- Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to potentially manage, lead, mentor and inspire a talented pool of designers.
- Ability to understand a marketing brief and translate the input into ideas.
- Strong team player with enthusiasm, positive attitude and the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, which may include extended hours when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of implementation and production.
- Understanding of motion design.
High School Diploma or GED required