Senior Data Scientist
Department:Product & Technology
Location: Remote – US
The Senior Data Scientist at Velocity Global will be responsible for managing all aspects of the data science process within IT as a shared service for internal and external customers. Responsibilities include data curation/management, model construction, evaluation, and implementation, working with stakeholders to determine where data science could best be applied throughout the company to create value, and the creation of data products to drive increased revenue. The ideal candidate will have had at least five years of experience working as a data scientist, preferably in a management capacity. In addition to technical expertise, this position will require excellent customer service skills and creativity in the use of data to create insights and drive sales.
- Assist in the data management process to ensure data is well organized for data science application
- Create classification and regression models for tasks such as: marketing targeting, customer churn prediction, and supported employee survivorship
- Perform statistical tests to assist in data analysis
- Time series modeling for sales forecasting
- Creation of data products for sale to external customers, e.g. job matching between clients and candidates
- Work with data engineering to implement models in Airflow and Snowflake
- Assist the business in developing use cases for data science and helping to scope and shape modeling asks
- Implementation of standard algorithmic techniques such XGBoost, elastic net regression, dimension reduction (e.g. PCA), deep neural network architectures, ARIMA, clustering (e.g. K-means), and statistical testing methodologies (e.g. chi-square)
- Knowledge of and experience working with RDBMS and No-SQL databases
- High proficiency in SQL and Python
- Additional experience with R preferred
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or physics. Ph.D. preferred.
- 5-10 years working as a data scientist, preferably with management experience
Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.