Employer: Mom Project
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You are motivated by startup pace and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
The Mom Project is the leading diversity marketplace for women, connecting over 300k moms with jobs at some of the best companies in the world. We are newly funded ($25M Series B) by some of the country’s leading investors and female role models, including Serena Williams. We are on a mission to build a better workplace.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team! Our newest team member will take over maintenance and development of our collaborative filtering job recommendation engine, and then will help with new projects as we kick them off. This is an ideal entry into AI/ML specialization for someone with solid data engineering experience and an interest in developing AI/ML expertise.
Our data science team is full-stack, meaning we own the DS process end-to-end from training models to API deployment. We code in Python, and we use technologies like Docker, Redshift and PyTorch. We work in two-week sprints with daily scrums, bi-weekly planning, demos, and retros.
In this role, the ability to build and maintain production Python code is more important than having advanced data science and machine learning experience. You will develop your machine learning skills on the job while you help us ensure that our production models perform the way we want them to.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and other TMP personnel to build new ML/AI features into our hiring and career management platform
- Take over maintenance and enhancement of our state-of-the-art deep learning collaborative filtering recommendations engine
- Work with product managers, data engineers, and solutions architects to scope out requirements for a project
- Undertake one-off ad hoc exploratory analyses to inform plans for delivering new AI/ML-based features
- Contribute to team’s knowledge and help us come up with the best processes for our team
- Advocate for best data practices including thinking about what data we should be collecting
- Develop tools to monitor our models and ensure their performance doesn’t degrade
- Write production-quality Python code for training, evaluating, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models
- Research how best to address particular business requirements using ML/AI techniques, making sure to keep in mind available time and resources
- You have 5-10 years experience in software engineering, data engineering, or full-stack data science, ideally using Python
- You have, or can quickly develop, the capabilities to work as a full-stack data scientist, with an ability to write production-ready Python code, build and evaluate models from scratch, and run exploratory analyses of data
- You have an understanding of machine learning approaches including supervised and unsupervised modeling, collaborative filtering, deep learning, natural language processing
- You can quickly pick up new techniques
- You apply industry best practices for data science projects
- You have experience writing production Python code that follows best software engineering practices including writing unit tests and Dockerizing projects
- You have a willingness to take on whatever work needed to get our AI/ML capabilities into production
- Note this is not an entry level position however it may be an appropriate entry to data science for a candidate with very strong data engineering or software engineering skills and some understanding of machine learning
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
- Career Pathing
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We’re just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.
Work Type Permanent
Schedule 40 hours / week
Work Remote Yes (100%)