Who We Are
- Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise.
- We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
- We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year.
- Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point – we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
- We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic
- Senior Data Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Enablement team.
- In this position, you will enable optimal data-driven decisions that empower our products and people.
- You will develop tools to ensure we have a well managed, optimized, secured, compliant and trustworthy data platform.
- You will incorporate DevOps practices, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Help setup best practices for our Data Warehouse (Snowflake)
- Build and implement monitoring and alerting tools for Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Build processes/tools to optimize warehouse cost and performance
- Lead and participate in access control and resource optimization
- Ensure a compliant and secure data environment
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our Snowflake Data Warehouse and provide support for production issues, tune performance, and drive root cause analysis.
- Be aware of new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Perform technical demonstrations to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Be a subject matter expert in Snowflake DBA activities and best practices
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience in data platform preferably with some DBA experience
- 2+ years of experience in Snowflake
- Solid knowledge in Snowflake architecture and integration
- Familiar to cloud-based architectures, development, test, and deployment automation.
- Good knowledge of SQL, data structures, data integrity, and schema design best practices
- Experience in driving initiatives as a technical lead and subject matter expert in one or more ar