McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Transforming the fight against cancer.
Ontada is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of McKesson Corporation, Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights â€“ delivered exactly at the point of need â€“ can save more patients’ lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used by The US Oncology Network and other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care.
Ontada is an oncology data science and technology business. We specialize in real-world data and evidence generation that accelerates life science research, clinical technologies that support community providers with precise care, and provider engagement channels that enable education and insights.
We’re inviting a talented, self-motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our team and make a significant impact to our analytic platforms, transforming our customers’ clinical, financial, and operational data into actionable information for our Life Sciences partners.
Part of your day will be spent working on following core duties:
- Support the migration of the data pipelines from an on-premises Oracle Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Conduct hands-on Python programming, focusing on ETL/ELT workflows and data-driven solutions
- Employ design patterns and generalize code to address common use cases
- Build and automate visual analytics in data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Monitor the code and overall application to maintain seamless performance and adherence to key quality metrics and SLAs
You will also help in areas of leadership and collaboration:
- Cross-train team members on areas of technical expertise
- Collaborate with Product Management and Data Governance to build solutions that are widely adopted and are HIPAA-compliant
- Advocate for development improvements and best practices across the organization by contributing to platform standards, reference architecture, and data governance policies
This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.
Typical Minimum Requirements
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No sponsorship or relocation is available for this position.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Understanding of healthcare data and clinical workflows
- 5 years of experience with Python programming especially
- 4 years of experience with working with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL coding
- 2 years of experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, etc.
- 2 years of experience modeling and designing schemas for Data Lake or for RDBMS platforms
- Applied knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Expertise with Python programming
- Knowledge of industry CI/CD frameworks using code source control tools like GitHub or Bitbucket
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational databases and data warehousing principles
- Knowledge of ETL principles
- Proficiency with Unix and Linux command-line tools
- Proficiency with test-driven development
- Capable of authoring robust, high quality, reusable code and contributing to the enterprise inventory of libraries
- Experience with Visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with de-identification engines like Datavant; IQVIA is a plus
- Experience with Healthcare data; HIPAA framework is a plus
- Significant experience using NoSQL database such as AWS Dynamo DB or Mongo DB
- Strong decision-making skills in terms of data analysis
- Mastery of big data batch computing tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto) with demonstrated experience developing distributed data processing solutions
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Remote Office Location
McKesson Total Rewards
McKesson believes superior performance â€“ individual and team â€“ that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
- This is a full-time, salaried position with an expected salary range of $130,000 to $180,000. A competitive salary is determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as alignment with market data
- Other Compensation: This position may be eligible to participate in the annual management incentive plan
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections, eligibility, and collective bargaining agreement terms: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), 401k and Stock Purchase Programs
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!