Employer: Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox is the largest professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re hiring a Senior Data Engineer to work on big data initiatives for our new managed security service product Cosmos (formerly CAST).
Identifying and responding to emerging security threats quickly and effectively is a priority for all businesses, but conflicting priorities, tools that produce too much noise, or insufficient resources can often slow security teams down.
Cosmos helps you pinpoint, validate, and respond to emerging threats before an attacker has the chance to exploit them.
The Cosmos platform curates 75 different data sources and proactively flags potential critical and high-risk issues. Our team of expert penetration testers then validate each issue, provide a detailed analysis of the threat, and report their findings in real-time through chat and the Cosmos portal.
The result validated findings on real threats, delivered faster than other solutions on the market.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You fully understand and value the importance of data. Big data and business intelligence are your jam. Designing, implementing, and automating data analysis, visualization and BI tools as well as deploying data from multiple sources is what you enjoy. You are a software engineer at your core who has had experience advocating and selecting business intelligence tools; you understand the why behind it. You will be the foundation of Bishop Fox’s big data set up and initiatives. You enjoy working with people and are a natural leader.
Additionally, you will:
- Design, implement, and automate deployment of the collecting and processing of data from multiple sources.
- Design data schemas, operate 20+ database systems and establish data warehousing/data lake environments.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports. Validate logs and dashboards to help engineers, operators, TAMs, and multiple other groups within Bishop Fox.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers, data engineers, research and development, operators, consultants (hackers), and customer facing TAMS to identify opportunities/problems.
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation.
- Participate as a multi-disciplinary engineering team member including team meetings, stand-ups & quality reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams developing data pipelines and data analysis tools to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
At Bishop Fox, we offer one-of-a-kind professional opportunities coupled with the ability to grow your skillset and to work with some of the most influential figures in the cybersecurity industry. We work hard, but we keep a relaxed environment and honor a work-life balance, too.
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you:
- Strong relational database skills – preferred using PostgreSQL.
- Intermediate to advanced English language skills
- Strong programing skills in a business environment with large-scale, complex data.
- Professional experience with data analysis, data selection, and data manipulation.
- Experience with data ETL pipelines, distributed systems, and leveraging databases in a business environment with fast and large-scale data.
- Familiar with data visualization for cloud data.
- Experience with cloud service platform, GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- You can present technical concepts in a way that is easy for non-technical people to understand.
- Strongly preferred: Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, ELK Stack and Kibana dashboards
Bishop Fox has always offered its employees the ability to work remotely, and this role could work remotely in Mexico or the United States.
Interested? Drop us a line today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran st