Fuzzy is your pet health partner. On a mission to make pet care more accessible, Fuzzy is a subscription-based service offering members 24/7 Live Vet Chat support, virtual vet consultations, and on-demand answers from a team of licensed, on-staff pet health experts. Fuzzy also offers pet parents vet-tested and recommended products and personalized programs for nutrition, training, and obedience.
Through technology, we’re creating a different type of relationship between pet parents and their veterinary caregivers â€“ one that’s personal, empowering, and focused on improving the lives of animals.
We’re looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our small but growing Data team to help us build out the data foundation that will fuel analysis, insights, and models to help drive Fuzzy’s growth.
The team works across two main areas: (1) to develop pipelines to help clean, understand, and enrich events and content; (2) to develop the data platform that facilitates data analysis, from data warehousing to data science and analytics. Given the variety of data and applications at Fuzzy, you will be collaborating with people and teams across the company. The ideal candidate will be data and data-quality driven, collaborative, and curious.
- Architect and develop data pipelines to optimize for performance, quality, and scalability
- Collaborate with data, engineering, and business teams to build tools and data marts that enable analytics
- Develop testing and monitoring to improve data observability and data quality
- Partner with data science to build and deploy predictive models
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Expertise in an object-oriented or functional language is required (we use Python)
- Strong SQL skills are required (we currently use Postgres and AWS Athena)
- Experience working with APIs is required
- Experience orchestrating and scheduling data pipelines is required
- Expertise with cloud environments is a plus (we are an AWS shop)
- Experience with cloud data warehouses and distributed query engines is a plus
- Keen attention to detail
- Position can be remote within the US