Employer: Navigating Cancer
As our Senior Data Engineer, your primary role is to support key analytic and business intelligence across the company. You will be responsible for developing and implementing data models for multiple data platforms including but not limited to relational databases, big data, etc. Collaborating closely with peers in the Product, Engineering & Data Sciences team, you will also be at the forefront of utilizing data from a variety of sources in and outside of the data warehouse, developing insightful conclusions through descriptive analysis, and effectively communicating findings to colleagues and business partners. There will be a strong focus on supporting the development of standard metrics as well as producing recurring and ad hoc reports. You will be a key part of the company’s script for collecting, analyzing, creating visualizations and storytelling using clinical data. Your work will improve the efficiency of care delivery and have a positive impact on existing Oncology Care Models.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, MIS, Statistics, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in Datawarehouse/ETL development
- Participate in discussions with business and technical teams about consolidation of business data into data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, and other data structures on-premise and in the cloud.
- Research business domain concepts and common data modeling approaches to problems faced by the organization in the analytics arena, ensure completeness, correctness, and consistency of clinical data and data structure.
- Advise on logical data modeling techniques, and transformation methods appropriate to requirements and architecture preferences.
- Participate in discussion around emerging solutions on big data platform, storage platforms, physical data organization techniques.
- Design and create the data structures needed to support dashboarding, reporting, and data science projects, including dimensional data warehouses, column store databases, OLAP cubes, Microsoft tabular models, Hadoop / distributed file system, and other logical and physical organization techniques.
- Leverage various data integration platforms, including AWS, ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Matillion etc., emerging open source options, and other platforms using appropriate ELT / ETL / Message Based design patterns.
- Analyze existing data warehouse designs to identify potential enhancements, performance improvements, design improvements.
- Have extremely strong skills in developing highly scalable solutions using at-least one programming and scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, Julia, Stata, Ruby, R).
- Have proven experience working with ETL/ELT tools such as Matillion, Informatica, Talend etc.
- Have familiarity handling high volume heterogeneous data Clinical Data, electronic health records.
- Have demonstrated experience with one or more data analytics and visualization packages.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Programmers, Data Scientists, Biostatisticians and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for routine to basic clinical data acquisition, quality checking and reporting.
Nice To Have:
- Prior experience in regulated industries with high Data Quality and Governance standards.
- Basic knowledge of the medical terminologies, messaging standards, healthcare coding systems such as HL7, FHIR etc.