Employer: Cox Automotive
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside (in, near, within): Austin, TX; or the Southwest region; or Central Time Zone
Cox Automotive is hiring a Senior Data Analystto join our successfulInventory Management Solutions(IMS)team.
The IMS product teams help dealers reach true and sustained profitability in their used and new vehicle retail and wholesale business by means of market-driven insights and investment centric inventory management software
Initiatives/products that drive our vision are as follows:
- Inventory Management Software: Software that enables the end-end process from sourcing to selling a dealers vehicle inventory
- Market Data: A comprehensive and accurate compilation of the used vehicle market information
- Insights: Actionable insights that help drive dealer profitability
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for ingesting, mining, and transforming data. They also build and validate metrics, monitor data quality, analyze various forms of data (e.g. raw data, base data, 3rd party data, metrics), provide reports and interpret results. The Data Analyst will work with stakeholders to provide insights into the data for new product offerings and trends in the market related to the automotive domain.
- Performs data analysis and validation.
- Translates data into meaningful insights.
- Develops reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way to enable decision making.
- Monitors and analyzes key metrics, and executes recurring analyses and reporting.
- Mines and interprets data, monitors, and analyzes key metrics and interprets performance and provides insight into the data and metrics generated.
- Handles data preparation and data analysis portions of various projects.
- Writes, maintains and/or updates queries to develop analyses in response to queries from internal customers.
- Coordinates data feeds and updates and sources additional data required for analysis.
- Determines the value of new internal and external data sources, merges disparate data sets, ingests data, derives metrics, and transforms the data into usable information.
- Assists development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
- Develops monitoring mechanisms for quality and data management purposes.
- Builds and validates new derived metrics, models, and associated business rules.
- Designs and develops ETL processes to feed data stores from disparate data sources.
- Monitors ETL applications for performance and improvement opportunities.
- Develops and documents the systems, processes and logic required to expose the existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Delivers quality data integration projects.
- Designs and develops BI/Analytics views for stakeholders.
- Working experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Working experience working with Relational Databases (i.e., Oracle) and Snowflake
- Working experience working with reporting tools (i.e., Tableau)
- Working experience working with large scale disparate datasets
- Working experience presenting data to leadership for decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries (algorithms)
- 5 – 6 years of working experience
Locations: CA, CO, NV, NM, UT, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, Austin, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, LA, WI, IL, KY, MS, AL