Employer: Cox Automotive
**This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside within the Eastern or Central Time Zones.
TheSenior Data Analyst role is responsible for delivering data-driven insights and campaign optimizations at scale within the Analytics team supporting Dealer Sales at Cox Automotive Retail Consumer Solutions.
This position reports to Director, Dealer Sales Analytics and will work in partnership directly with Product, Data Platforms and other peer groups to understand client business issues, to creatively evaluate the Cox Automotive Retail Consumer solutions/programs designed to address those issues. Build, maintain, scale, and optimize data analytics processes which enable metrics and insights. Explore and evaluate new data sources for application use cases as they become available.
The Senior Data Analyst will become an integral member of a team focused full time on continuous improvement of the Consumer/ Retail solution, a division of Cox Automotive. To succeed in this position, ingesting, cleaning, mining and transforming data will be required. The Senior Data Analyst will also build and validate metrics, monitor data quality, analyze various forms of data (e.g. raw data, base data, 3rd party data, metrics), provide reports and interpret results.
The Senior Data Analyst will work with stakeholders to provide insights into the data for new product offerings and trends in the market. Candidate will work alongside team members to achieve operational objectives that align to a strategic business plan. This position must be able to communicate equally well with business owners, end users and technology professionals. Excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position.
- Perform analysis: Work on dealer sales analytics, consumer / retail life cycle, and product analytics. Define business questions. Collaborate with sales, marketing and products teams to identify data sources and queries. Tidy, clean and transform data. Analyze data and identify trends. Visualize data. Draw conclusions, present insights and tell compelling stories.
- Support data analysis: Help dealer sales analytics teams perform and implement complex analyses. Select key problems to solve. Define goals. Source data. Share domain knowledge. Identify data features. Measure outcomes. Tune performance.
- Build data processes: Support and collaborate with data team to build better data processes. Understand input data, output data and transformations required to bridge the two. Work with data suppliers. Ensure data quality. Own and consult to manage projects to build new, and to improve existing data pipelines. Drive deliverables. Measure KPI. Report progress to leadership.
- Support new data analytics opportunities: Understand opportunities and competition around service, pricing and repair data. Interview customers and stakeholders. Research new features and sources of product differentiation. Be the liaison between Sales and Product strategy.
- Tools: ServiceNow or equivalent Agile Tools
- Technology PL/SQL Scripting, Power BI (DAX, M), Snowflake, Python scripting, Alteryx, AWS(Athena)
- Performs data analysis and validation.
- Translates data into meaningful insights.
- Develops reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way to enable decision making.
- Monitors and analyzes key metrics and executes recurring analyses and reporting.
- Mines and interprets data, monitors and analyzes key metrics and interprets performance and provides insight into the data and metrics generated.
- Handles data preparation and data analysis portions of various projects.
- Writes, maintains and/or updates queries to develop analyses in response to queries from internal customers.
- Ensures accuracy of results produced as a result of data analysis.
- Information Management
- Coordinates data feeds and updates and sources additional data required for analysis.
- Determines the value of new internal and external data sources, merges disparate data sets, ingests data, cleans and munges data, derives metrics, and transforms the data into usable information.
- Assists development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
- Develops monitoring mechanisms for quality and data management purposes.
- Builds and validates new derived metrics and associated business rules.
- Ensures the quality of specific data stores for collection, tracking and reporting of research data.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience performing data analysis and building data processes OR an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 2 years of working with AGILE Scrum teams
- MS Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint, for doing business analysis.
- Understanding of data science and product management
- Passion for analysis and focus on business results. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Effective written, listening and oral communications.
- Collaborative nature and the ability to balance vision and execution.
- Automotive Industry experience.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- SQL (Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2)
- Reporting tools: (PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Large scale datasets
- Presenting data to leadership for decision making
- Data extrapolation, interpretation and chart compilation
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing ETL solutions
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL and strong Stored Procedures
- Optimization techniques for both SSIS and SQL
- Redshift, Snowflake, Alteryx, AWS experience
- PowerBI, Tableau or other reporting tool
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.