Employer: Lucas Group
Lucas Group is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join our client’s rapidly evolving IT security environment. This role is one of the primary bridges between the technical and non-technical side of security. The ideal candidate understands standards and best practices within security but has the technical knowledge to work with IT teams and other departments to ensure processes and procedures run properly. This role would consult with IT and business groups as the subject matter expert with regards to strengths and weaknesses of the implemented security layers. The ideal candidate has a solutions-oriented mindset and would enjoy working with others.
This is a direct hire role OR contract-to-hire for the right candidate.
This position can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage technical security standards; design and architect reference models’; and define processes, all of which are aligned to our security framework and standards
- Assess emerging security technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions, or extend capabilities
- Develop solutions with an audit capability in mind to drive accountability and potential remediation of deviations to standards
- Assess new vendors, apps, integrations, or solutions for security risk; recommend remediation; reassess per appropriate timeframe
- Review, work, and close or escalate security tickets as assigned via ticketing system; automate processes and simplify workstreams wherever possible
- Provide guidance and recommendations related to security vulnerabilities and any current threats as it relates to the organization
- Implement, manage, and/or optimize security toolset, logging, alerting, and reporting capabilities
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services such as O365, Azure, or Salesforce
- Be familiar with different SaaS technologies like Salesforce or PaaS technologies like AWS
- Have at least a basic understanding of different Information Security standards
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical teams with a roll up your sleeves teamwork mentality
- Mentor cybersecurity and IT staff on the tenets of cybersecurity; work to change culture to a risk-based one
- Serve as primary liaison with Enterprise Architecture, Data Architecture, and various Infrastructure teams
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or related field (degree not required)
- 2+ year of experience in Security
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in IT infrastructure (networking, cloud, endpoint security, etc)