Location: Remote – US
Senior Customer Success Manager – Public Sector (Federal)
Customer Success | Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Senior Customer Success Manager – Public Sector (Federal) is a strategic consultative role responsible for a portfolio of customers, ensuring their lifetime value and usage of DocuSign. The Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM) works closely with key cross-functional teams, including Sales, Account Management, Partner Success, and Professional Services, and will define, develop and execute effective customer adoption strategies that support their customer’s specific industry, use cases and business outcomes. The role supports DocuSign’s strategic imperative to accelerate customer adoption, use and time to value.
The Public Sector (Federal) CSM will work with DocuSign’s federal customers and SI partners to understand current state and business objectives. From there, the CSM will recommend and program manage a customized set of strategies, including those selected from a menu of DocuSign’s full Customer Success organization’s portfolio offering (e.g. Professional Services, DocuSign University, Adoption Consulting). The CSM must be able to understand government programs and cross-walk that understanding into winning DocuSign adoption strategies.
The primary focus of this role is adoption and usage of the DocuSign products, with the aspiration of supporting increased value for customers and financial growth and expansion for DocuSign.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of Customer Success Management, Public Sector and is designated Flex.
- Serve as thought leader, customer advocate and partner to DocuSign’s most strategic customers
- Develop and execute success plans in collaboration with Sales, SI partners, and Customer Success, to reflect a holistic path to a modernized Agreement Cloud
- Discuss and advise on core functionalist and features beyond the fundamentals
- Recommend specific complementary solutions to help customers achieve desired outcomes
- Ensure best practices are adopted for product use
- Analyze usage patterns to provide insights and guidance
- Liaise between customer and internal teams at DocuSign
- Gain consensus with key customer stakeholders
- Measure the results of executed strategies to determine their efficacy
- Drive cross-functional opportunities for adoption growth
- Deliver adoption-related insights and readouts of specific customer outcomes
- Propel execution of Success Plan and associated customer interactions
- Identify customer resource requirements and dependencies and address gaps
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales/Support to ensure alignment on plans
- Drive transparency of current execution states for the assigned portfolio
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of customer-facing experience managing to proven outcomes
- 5+ years of SaaS experience
- Federal experience in account management, project management, or consulting
- Experience with enterprise platforms such as ECM, Document Management, Contract Management, or BPM systems
- Project management, business process reengineering and change management methodology knowledge and/or first-hand experience
- Management or implementation consulting background in government space
- Salesforce and Gainsight experience
- MBA or MPA
- Experience working in or with state and local customers in a technology and/or programs capacity
- Background in leveraging analytics through a variety of tools to inform and execute customer strategies
- Strong understanding of and/or aptitude for learning fundamentals of product and platform features and capabilities, common customer applications, and solution marketecture
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and cross functionally
- Experience identifying creative solutions to meet customer needs and opportunities
- Ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly
- Ability to work both in a team, and independently, to make the best decisions for our customers
- Ability to build effective strategy, both with our customers and internally, and couple it with execution
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $110,000 – $155,300 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.