Title: Senior Customer Advocate, Ethics & Quality
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting and the job description below feels like a fit we really should start talking.
We are looking for a Coach Ethics and Quality Advocate to join our growing Customer Support Operations team. This person will partner closely with key internal contributors to investigate customer escalations while providing both Coach Applicants and Coaches with clear guidance on how to resolve the concerns raised. The ideal candidate has a mix of customer service, investigative, and conflict resolution skills.
What you’ll do:
- Support internal stakeholders and BetterUp Coaches to ensure high-quality coaching experiences for every BetterUp member
- Conduct prompt, thorough, and unbiased investigations following the escalation of customer or employee concerns
- Craft responses and interventions that enable our Coaches to be successful, including 1:1 video calls
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly gather information from various sources and stakeholders, document learnings, and formulate recommended next steps. Provide timely communication to relevant parties throughout the investigation process
- Clearly document and track customer interactions, to provide clear insights and feedback loops that drive improvements for our customer experience
- Remain respectful and empathetic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding a quality or ethical concern. You know how to stay calm under pressure.
- Inform long-term solutions to the challenges our customers experience, through data-backed feedback loops
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 2-3 years of experience delivering exceptional customer service in an environment that requires conflict resolution
- 1-2 years of experience providing inbound or outbound phone support
- Great tone of voice and ability to lead empathetic and clear conversations, including difficult situations involving upset customers; you enjoy putting a customer at ease and making their day better
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Experience performing audits or other investigative work
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, you are driven to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- A unique ability to collaborate across diverse audiences – is equally comfortable problem-solving with engineers and communicating solutions to coaches and members
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented multi-tasker
- Experience working with Zendesk, Confluence, Jira, Looker and Slack
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.