Sr. Counsel Commercial, eCommerce (Remote)
USA – Remote
job requisition id
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
This is an individual contributor role in our growing remote global Legal Team primarily supporting: (i) the global alliances, business development, and alliance operations teams, and specifically SMB and consumer e-commerce, marketplace platforms and transactions, and (ii) the global sales team in complex customer agreements for cyber security SaaS products and professional services. In this role, you will draft and negotiate all forms of partner agreements (e.g., reseller, distribution, OEM, managed service providers, and white label), and advise business teams on issues relevant to such transactions and arrangements. You will spot legal and non-legal issues, provide legal advice, workarounds and solutions, understand the practical implications of your legal guidance and assist with the implementation of that guidance.
You will work remotely and report to the Assistant GC of Commercial Legal who reports to the VP of Legal. There is potential to grow the role into a management position. The role serves internal clients with aggressive deadlines in a dynamic environment with sometimes ambiguous business requests and priorities. The role requires creative thinking, collaboration, hard work, flexible and sometimes long hours.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft (sometimes from scratch), review and negotiate a wide range and high volume of commercial contracts, including customer software and SaaS licenses, partner agreements, vendor agreements supporting e-commerce and marketplace platforms, data protection agreements, and security requirements.
- Support and advise internal business teams on the acquisition, design and deployment of new platforms and technologies aimed at CrowdStrike’s e-commerce and marketplace initiatives.
- In addition to drafting agreements, you will prepare and document programs and processes, including third party product listings, policies for e-commerce buyers (SMB and consumer), partner programs, and internal record of processes.
- Update Legal and Business management on deal and project status.
- Analyze and provide legal and practical advice on commercial, licensing and regulatory requirements (including those related to privacy, warranty, marketing and advertising) for e-commerce and consumer products worldwide.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Get to yes on partner and customer deals.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of legal contracting experience in-house at start up or established technology companies
- 5+ years supporting Sales, Partner/Business Development, e-commerce and marketplace organizations.
- 2-3 years of law firm experience.
- J.D. and licensed attorney in US.
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements.
- Experience with e-commerce and consumer software/SaaS licensing and online stores/marketplace, including the vendors necessary to support their implementation, and drafting consumer compliant licenses.
- Knowledge of consumer laws and experience supporting a consumer sales organization is required.
- Ability to navigate and work through ambiguous environments.
- Ability to provide 2-3 professional references.
- Experience working for a SaaS cyber-security company.
- Playbook development, project management, building partner programs