Title: Senior Content Designer (Remote – Austin, or U.S.)
Location: Remote – Austin, or U.S.
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is “All Stripes Welcome,” and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We’re seeking a Senior Content Designer to expand our growing design team. The Zebra’s product vision is to make buying insurance simple and enjoyable. In this role, you’ll balance long-term strategic goals with near-term priorities. You’ll use your strong analytical skills and content design principles to ensure the content aligns with both user goals and business objectives.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Design, you will work closely with product management, research, and engineering to ensure we’re building a well-rounded experience for our consumers.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note – we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver a consistent voice and translate brand guidelines, personality, and tone into product experience.
- Be accountable for high-quality UX writing practices. Use empathy, logic, and data to drive content choices. Empower people to use the product by making the language friendly and inviting.
- Ideate, write, manage, and govern content within your products/business area
- Maintain consistency and storytelling throughout the user’s journey within the product
- Balance advocacy for our users with business needs. Your work will support our vision to become the go-to insurance advisor while maintaining a focus on monetization.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and responsibility for the user experience, collaborating on a multi-disciplinary team.
What We’re Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- Proven experience planning, writing, and editing for web and mobile consumer products
- Strong UX writing skills portfolio showing experience creating scalable content and writing guidelines and style guides
- Proficient at distilling complex information to build messaging with an approachable, conversational voice
- Ability to balance near-term priorities with long-term goals
- Capable of writing from scratch, editing existing copy, and thinking beyond the written word with input from multiple team members
- People-focused design mentality with a strong understanding of user experience principles, using quantitative and qualitative data to make educated design decisions and validate user needs.
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience working at a national brand and high-growth startups
- Familiarity in writing for insurance or financial products
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it’s insurance in black and white.
We’ve garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is “All Stripes Welcome.” As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!