Senior Compliance Auditor
Location: United States
Job Category: Health Care Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.
The Senior Compliance Auditor will be responsible for performing multiple internal compliance audits simultaneously that cover all parts of the organization, including delegates.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leading discussions with Compliance and business partners (including executive level individuals) to appropriately scope audits based upon risk
- Learning, understanding, and being able to discuss complex business processes
- Creating strategies to test business processes for compliance with laws, regulations, and/or contractual requirements
- Conducting and documenting testing results with evidence that support conclusions reached
- Communicate audit results to ensure all interested parties understand where audit findings were identified
- Writing audit reports that concisely summarize audit conclusions and are clear to all key stakeholders involved
- Ensuring all projects are completed timely and with quality
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate or Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of conducting audits
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with Medicare, Medicaid or Commercial regulations
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Ability to handle a variety of challenges and independently solve problems as they arise
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to build and grow relationships across a diverse organization
- Positive attitude and drive to continuously improve
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.