Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: United States, Remote
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Builder Tools team, you will design and implement our cloud management infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines and build tools that help speed up deployment frequency, and evolve our engineering organization into an Elite Devops’ team. The bar for accuracy is high as we fulfill a very important mission: making saving for retirement achievable for all Americans – folks are trusting us with their money!
What you get to do every day
- Design and implement fault-tolerant and robust cloud infrastructures in AWS.
- Design and implement CI/CD for a multi-account, multi-service environment.
- Build tools for engineers that make them more efficient and simplify the development process.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests to keep our system fast, reliable, and monitorable.
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing, and production release.
- Contribute to our evolving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in cloud-based environments or 3 years with relevant formal education or corresponding industry certificates.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with CI/CD technologies such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Strong communication skills; discussing complex technical concepts to engineers and non-engineers is no problem to you.
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset – you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission – Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Compensation – The salary range for this role is between $148,000 – $210,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates’ skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures