Employer: CVS Health
Enterprise Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As the team building out provider search APIs, we seek help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You’ll Do:
The Sr. API Engineer will be deploying and maintaining cloud-based services on AWS, in an Agile environment, utilizing their experience with our current stack (Node / Ruby, ECS, Docker, Elasticsearch, Postgres). These micro-services are delivered in a production environment serving millions of users. You will translate large features into software designs with a willingness to maintain an open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives. Our engineers work to build new features, standup new services, and refactor existing services to bring greater stability and scalability to our APIs.
In any given day you will:
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product and engineering teams
- Work with Product to break down and plan sprint work to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support our applications in production
- Seek opportunities to improve our code and delivery pipelines
- Learn new software development skills, engineering practices, and cloud engineering tools
This role can be based in one of our corporate offices or can be fully remote within US
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years API development experience
- COVID Vaccine Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Deploying and maintaining cloud-based services, specifically on AWS
- Experience with our current stack (Node / Ruby, ECS, Docker, Elasticsearch, Postgres)
- Deploying and maintaining micro services in production serving millions of users
- Translating large features into software designs
- Willingness to communicate across delivery teams about organizational objectives
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- Willingness to actively mentor junior developers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.