Title: Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb, Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware or Rhode Island. As this list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
About the Position
Analytics Engineers build the data foundation for reporting, analysis and experimentation. We are looking for someone with expertise in metric development, data modeling, SQL, Python, and distributed data processing frameworks like Presto or Spark. Using these tools, along with first-class internal data tooling, you will transform data from data warehouse tables into critical data artifacts that power impactful analytic use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) and empower downstream data consumers. As an Analytics Engineer, you will sit at the intersection of Data science and Engineering, and work collaboratively to achieve highly impactful outcomes.
Data can transform how a company operates; high data quality and tooling is the biggest lever to achieving that transformation. You will make that happen.
- Understand data needs by interfacing with fellow Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Business Partners
- Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models and pipelines in partnership with Data Engineering
- Design, define, and implement metrics and dimensions to enable analysis and predictive modeling
- Become a data expert in your business domain and own data quality
- Build tools for auditing, error logging, and validating data tables
- Build and improve data tooling in partnership with internal Data Platform teams
- Define logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering
- Design and develop dashboards to enable self-serve data consumption
- Passion for high data quality and scaling data science work
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong skills in SQL and distributed system optimization (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive)
- Experience in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Detail oriented and excited to learn new skills and tools
- Experience with an ETL framework like Airflow
- Python, Superset, and Tableau skills preferred
- An eye for design when it comes to dashboards and visualization tools
- Familiarity with experimentation and machine learning techniques
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $152,000 and $203,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas foster innovation and engagement, allow us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.