Title: Security Analyst, Consumer Trust
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Security Analyst
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support security education for Twilio sales and customers.
Customer Trust is responsible for maintenance of security information for stakeholders. This role requires an understanding of cybersecurity, compliance, technical knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
You will partner with Product, Legal and Security teams to be a face of security. The Security Analyst will be accountable for answering questionnaires with integrity, reviewing legal documentation, and representing Twilio Security during technical audits.
In this role, you’ll:
- Cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders to gather current and accurate security information
- Develop and maintain education internal and external security enablement content (whitepapers, presentations, training, website content, etc.)
- Create and maintain documentation and databases for security knowledge sharing
- Develop ideas to improve processes and procedures to benefit the team and organization
- Mentor and learn from fellow team members
- Develop an understanding of legal language
- Coordinate externally requested Twilio Security audits with internal stakeholders
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years experience in customer facing technical roles engaging customers on various topics such as security, regulatory requirements, and risk management.
- You have experience supporting a sales function in technology
- Comfortable communicating complex technical topics in verbal and written form to a wide audience
- 3+ years experience working with security concepts and technology, including encryption, networking, databases, telephony, email, LDAP, middleware, and applications ideally in a cloud environment, cloud and or API knowledge
- 3+ years working with common security frameworks and regulatory requirements (e.g., FISC, CCPA, GDPR, PCI, SOC, ISO/IEC 2700X, COBIT, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of security or compliance audits and/or assessments
- Experience reviewing and redlining contracts and legal documents
- You have or would be willing to obtain certification(s) such as: Security+, CISA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, PMP, CRISC, CFCP, or similar
- Experience with developing technical standards, and operational guidelines
This role will be remote, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280.00 – $136,600.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.