Search Quality Rater – English (USA)
REMOTE, US BASED
TRANSLATION, LOCALIZATION, INTERPRETATION, QA TESTING – GLOBAL FREELANCE & AGENCY OPPORTUNITIES
Search Quality Rater
Are you a search engine guru? Do you know how to find what you’re looking for with just a few keywords? Are you the type of person that already knows what someone is saying before they finish their sentence? If so, we have a unique opportunity for you to put your skills to the test!
Welocalize is seeking English speakers to help support our client’s project as a Search Quality Rater.
In this position, you will use your unique gifts of understanding people’s intentions to improve the online search engine experience. Our main goal for this project is to develop and augment AI data. To put it more plainly, you will provide subjective and objective ratings based on project rules and conventions.
You will complete tasks in both English and your target language.
What does success look like for this project?
You will need to meet expectations of task time completion. Depending on the project, this can range from 30 to 48 seconds per task. The Project Manager will update you weekly on your performance.
Qualified raters also take randomized monthly certification exams which look just like normal rating work. However, if the exams are failed you will be removed from active rating and have to re-qualify should you wish to rejoin the program.
In this position, you will be able to set your own schedule to accomplish the weekly goals. However, you’ll only be able to receive support from the project management team during business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Pacific)
Apply today and find yourself at the forefront of shaping the online industry!
Job Title: Search Quality Rater
Location: Remote (Must be based in the United States)
Hours: Minimum 10 hours per week, up to 25 hours per week; set your own schedule (you can pick up tasks whenever you are available: weekends and evenings are ok)
Start date: ASAP
Employment Type: W2 Part-Time Employee (you get paid every 2 weeks/bi-monthly via automatic direct deposit/bank transfer or physical check if you prefer)
Longevity of project: 12 months with possibility of extension
This work is based on project need. Weekly hours may vary.
Note: If you are currently working or have previous experience as an “Ads Quality Rater”, unfortunately, you will not be able to work on our Search Quality Rating project.
However, we often have an open Ads Rating job posting. Please check our careers page here to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/welocalize
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding of popular culture in the United States
- Must be dedicated only to “Search Quality rating program” and NOT other search or ads rating programs
- Must not have current or previous experience with “Ads quality rating”
- Must be the only one in your household working as a “Search Quality Rater”
- Web-savvy and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent online research skills
- Reliable computer system and internet connection
- Reliable anti-virus software (as you will be surfing the web as part of the work)
- Ability to follow instructions in English and comply with the project conventions and rules expected by the client
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect client confidentiality
- Must pass training and a rigorous quality test designed by our client before starting work
- Bachelor’s degree+ or equivalent professional work experience